ADDITIONAL BUYER'S STAMP DUTY (ABSD)
SC: Singapore Citizens SPR: Singapore Permanent Residents
Developers: entities in the business of housing development
|ABSD rates from 12 Jan 2013 to 5 Jul 2018||ABSD rates on/after 6 Jul 2018|
|SC buying 1st residential property||0%||0%|
|SC buying 2nd residential property||7%||12%|
|SC buying 3rd residential property or more||10%||15%|
|SPR buying 1st residential property||5%||5%|
|SPR buying 2nd residential property||10%||15%|
|Foreigners buying any residential property||15%||20%|
|Entities buying any residential property||15%|
Plus 5% for developers
BSD and ABSD are payable on the consideration or market value of the residential property, whichever is higher.
ABSD spouses remission may apply for married couples with at least one Singapore citizen spouse. The couple must include a Singapore citizen and the property must be purchased under both names of the couple only. The conditions are as follows:
1. The married couple did not own interest in more than one residential property at the date of purchase of the second residential property.
2. ABSD has been paid on the second residential property.
3. The first residential property (co-owned or separately owned) is sold within six (6) months after the date of purchase of the second property for completed property or the issue date of the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP)/Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC), whichever is earlier, if the property was uncompleted at the time of purchase.
4. The married couple remains married and there is no change of ownership in the second residential property at the time of sale of the first residential property.
5. The marries couple has not purchased or acquired any other residential property since the purchase of the second residential property.
6. The application for refund of ABSD is made within 6 months after the date of sale of the first residential property.BUYER'S STAMP DUTY (BSD)
|Purchase Price or Market Value of the Residential Property||BSD Rates before 20 Feb 2018||BSD Rates on/after 20 Feb 2018|
|$1000,000 and above||3%||4%|
SELLER'S STAMP DUTY (SSD)
|SSD Holding Period||SSD Rates from 14 Jan 2011 to 10 Mar 2017||SSD Rates on/after 11 Mar 2017|
|up to 1 year||16%||12%|
|> 1 year and up to 2 years||12%||8%|
|> 2 years and up to 3 years||8%||4%|
|> 3 years and up to 4 years||4%||No SSD payable|
SSD is payable on the consideration or market value of the residential property, whichever is higher.